A reader's journey through J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.
The road goes ever on and on...
A few years ago, whilst whining that I wanted to write more, my wife offered a wise suggestion: Relax; write something for fun – something that'll make you happy.
Well, The Lord of the Rings makes me happy. I also believe it has a lot to teach us about living the good life. And so I resolved to blog through the story chapter by chapter and forage for its lessons, the fruits of which are available for the Fellowship of the Ring below.
Join me for a reader's journey through Middle-earth!
Explore the Series: The Fellowship of the Ring - Book I
- Chapter 1 - A Long-Expected Party
- Chapter 2: The Shadow of the Past
- Chapter 3: Three is Company
- Chapter 4: A Shortcut to Mushrooms
- Chapter 5: A Conspiracy Unmasked
- Chapter 6: The Old Forest
- Chapter 7: In The House of Tom Bombadil
- Chapter 8: Fog on The Barrow-downs
- Chapter 9: At The Sign of The Prancing Pony
- Chapter 10: Strider
- Chapter 11: A Knife in the Dark
- Chapter 12: Flight to the Ford
Explore the Series: The Fellowship of the Ring - Book II
- Chapter 1: Many Meetings
- Chapter 2: The Council of Elrond
- Chapter 3: The Ring Goes South
- Chapter 4: A Journey in the Dark
- Chapter 5: The Bridge of Khazad-dûm
- Chapter 6: Lothlórien
- Chapter 7: The Mirror of Galadriel
- Chapter 8: Farewell to Lorien
- Chapter 9: The Great River
- Chapter 10: The Breaking of the Fellowship
Download the Book
You can also download an expanded version of this blogging journey as an ebook.
Thanks for reading! You can follow me on Twitter @mattCivico, subscribe to my newsletter at Common Pursuits, or chat with me on Discord.